Sunday 26 May 2019

IHSW and Gifted Gorgeousness - MAY

Hi Stunners

I finally have something to blog about!! 

For the last few months I was always working on the IHSW weekend so never managed to stitch enough that was worthy of a progress pic, but this time I was free of work. 

I finished a page on my Diamond Painting - Vanity. This is page 5 and 6 completed so only 4 more to go for the page finish. Ideally would love to finish the entire thing this year as it is one of the Deadly Sins and there are 6 more! The chart was a RAK from my lovely friend Jayne from NZ.

Before

After


Just for comparison this is where I am at with the cross stitch of Vanity. The DP is a max colours version and the stitched one is just regular colours. Vanity is my favourite out of all the sins in this collection and I had already started stitching it before there was any such thing as Diamond Painting or max colours charts released by HAED. So it will be the only one that I will be stitching.




I also made a bit of headway on Mini Sisters. I have joined a FB group that focuses on diagonal stitching.  And there is currently a 10,000 stitch challenge and Mini Sisters is my chosen wip for it. I am determined to beat this challenge. I really need to get a motor on if this is going to be finished this year as a gift for my sister. 

Before

After
Now for the self gifts! HAED had a 50% off sale and I scored a few beauties that I have had my eye on for a while. 











And I couldn't pass on Jareth The Goblin King, especially when it was a Limited Edition from Tilton Crafts.  He is soooo gorgeous!!


One of my favourite bands of all time are Snow Patrol. And after 7 years they finally released an album and are touring Australia in August. I managed to get tickets for both their shows. And to add to the excitement of seeing them live for the first time I asked Lisa from "No more Lost Needles" to make Snow Patrol needle minders. So now they are always on my mind whilst doing my very favourite thing. No not drinking Chardonnay...well...Stitching (and drinking Chardonnay - lets face it)!!!



That's all for now my lovelies. I hope you are all well and that life is being magical for you!

XOX Alicia



6 comments:

  1. Congrats on all of the awesome progress Alicia. Great new stash. Have fun at your concerts.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for taking part in GG this month with your insane plan to complete that HAED this year!
    Love the cute little dragon, I drew a green version on a rock last year!
    I've linked up this post for you as I know you have problems with the Linky sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow fantastic progress! Great work. I love the goblin king and the adorable dragon too of course. Can't wait to watch them grow. Congrats on getting tickets and your new needle minders.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Vanity looks awesome, both in stitching and in DP! Great progress.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah I love your new charts, so nice and colorful =)
    Great work on your DP! I need to dig up mine again, it is so much fun and quite nice to see a lot of progress in a relatively short amount of time ;-) Great work also on Sisters and good luck with the challenge =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello, an amazing Information dude. Thanks for sharing this nice information with us. Diamond Painting Australia

    ReplyDelete

Hello Stunner! Thanks for taking the time to read my blog. I hope it made sense as I can rave on lunatic style when left unchecked. Any comment is appreciated and thank you for taking the time and brightening my day! xoxo