Thursday 31 January 2019

Gifted Gorgeousness - January and IHSW

Hi Stunners!

Hope the year is going well for everyone and that life is magical.


My year is starting off well, I have had the most successful IHSW ever. I worked on a gift for my sister, this is mini Sisters from HAED. I stitched 774 stitches on Saturday and.....



on Sunday I managed 720 stitches for Ghost in the Forest from Charting Creations. 



I'm stitching both of these using the parking method that is demonstrated on the Scarlet Qunice website. It really does make for neater stitches as you only bring your needle up in a hole with maximum of 1 stitch. It's possibly slower but I do love how much neater it is. And as Sisters is a gift, neatness is very important, but saying that I have to finish by Halloween as that's her birthday. I calculated that I need to do 256 stitches per day, which I'm a little behind on but I have got 2 weeks leave coming up and plan on catching up then. 


Well that's is from me. I'm going blog binging now as I haven't had a chance to read them and looking forward to read and see what you all have been up to so far this year.



Take are stunners!

xo Alicia


13 comments:

  1. Fantastic progress! They both look great!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always thought your work looked really neat and clean anyway, but bless ya for parking! I've always been terrified of it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome progress on both Alicia.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck getting Sisters finished by Halloween - just make sure you don't allow ADOS to take control of your needles! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sisters is very pretty Alicia! I hope you finish it but Halloween.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't tried parking yet, but you seem to have mastered it! Both of your pieces look great, I'm looking forward to seeing them come together.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great progress on both that ghost house looks like it's on fire or is it a ghost? Good luck getting your finish by October that's a lot of stitching but I know you can do it. Happy stitching

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's an interesting way to do the parking. I guess it makes it neater because it's not crammed in with all the other threads? G'luck finishing Sisters by Halloween, woo!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love that skull needleminder! He is so debonair. :) I've been wanting to try the SQ parking method too. Do you have trouble deciding where to park your threads? Or do you just start new threads for each column? Great progress all around!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great stitching! I'm looking forward to seeing a lot of progress on Sisters.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Alicia,
    Vising e GG link up.
    Wow, great stitching! Great progress on both projects!
    I’m working on a small design with lots of colour changes and I am parking my thread but it never seems to be in just the right place so I do worry about wear on the threads as I pull them through the Aida again and again! Your parking looks pretty impressive!
    Look forward to seeing more of Sisters.
    Smiles from
    Barbara x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for taking part in GG in January. Are you still having problems linking up? If you leave me a comment on the linky post I'll remember to add you!

    ReplyDelete

Hello Stunner! Thanks for taking the time to read my blog. I hope it made sense as I can rave on lunatic style when left unchecked. Any comment is appreciated and thank you for taking the time and brightening my day! xoxo