Monday 28 May 2018

IHSW and Gifted Gorgeousness SAL - May

Hi Stunners!

This post will be short and sweet as the wip I worked on covers both these SAL's.



I was working on my sisters gift of Rose Zircon from Imaginarium by the artist Maxine Gadd. 



As some of you may know I am trialling diagonal stitching and have decided due to the large amounts of flesh coloured tones and chunks of black that I would do this entire chart in diagonal working from one corner to the opposite one until finished. So not page by page as I am doing with Alisha.



I hope and pray that I have counted correctly otherwise I'm going to have a lot of frogging to do when I get to her face. 



If you're interested this is the Floss tube that helped me get started: 



https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N3iLVYEdaRY&t=303s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rjnTfvit1do&t=13s









That's all stunners! Told you it would be short and sweet. 

Take care and may life be magical 
xo Alicia


10 comments:

  1. Nice progress and thanks for your comments on my blog, and on past posts. I've watched a few stitchers stitch a head this way. I don't know if I will be one of them or not. I hope everything works out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great progress Alicia. I will never attempt any of these charts. I just really enjoy my big for me pieces.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wonder if this is the reason why I'm too scared to try one of these huge charts? A frog on one of these would be a nightmare and I'd probably curl up into a little ball of uselessness. Your progress is wonderful~ :D/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow. Beautiful progress. I hope you were right too. That would be a bad mistake if not.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice starts! I really like the idea of the diagonal stitching. I can't see that you can go far wrong with the counting, what's an extra block of confetti between friends?

    ReplyDelete
  6. It’s really a great and helpful piece of information. I am happy that you simply shared this helpful information with us.

    ดูหนัง

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are a brave one Alicia! Not sure I could stitch diagonally. LOVE the fabric color you are working with!

    ReplyDelete
  8. very beautiful and so lovely work :) i like your good idea ,Thanks for the inspiration!

    ดูหนัง

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful stitching on this one =) That diagonal method sounds very interesting, I love to change the way/ direction I stitch in from time to time, so maybe I will give this diagonal method a try for my next new start =)

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are braver than me, I don't have the courage to try diagonal stitching, no matter how many tutorials I watch. You look like you've taken to it like a fish to water though. I am in awe.

    ReplyDelete

Hello Stunner! Thanks for taking the time to read my blog. I hope it made sense as I can rave on lunatic style when left unchecked. Any comment is appreciated and thank you for taking the time and brightening my day! xoxo