Monday 8 January 2018

Happy New Year - 2017 in stitches!




Happy New Year Stunners!!!

It's that time of the year. To review your successes and failures. Unfortunately I didn't have an awesome year in stitches with only 10 page finishes and no full finishes. But since joining the Ultimate Cross Stitch group on Facebook I'm improving as it really gets you stitching. 


I love the beginning of the year as it's a reset and time to set some new goals. 

This year I've decided to set a goal that is a little different to what I normally do. Instead of complete specific wips I will aim to stitch 100,000 - 200,000 stitches and to stick to my schedule/rotation that I have devised. It would work much better for me to go by stitch count as I jump around so much with my wips...hence the nil finishes...*blush*


So without further ado here is my year in pictures. 

First up are my wips.


Snow White - Omri Koresh (retired) Gecko Rouge



She is going to be my focus piece for 2018




Lost In You - Rachel Marks - Heaven & Earth Designs


Almost got the row finish


QS Theatre of the Absurd - Ciro Marchetti - HAED



Hoping this one is going to be one of the 2 finishes



Our House - Colin Thompson - Gecko Rouge





New Starts

Prince -  The Legend - Tilton Crafts






Afterglow - Sangrde - Charting Creations






Supersized Masque Of Love (Max Colours)
- Jo Wall - HAED


2 pages completed



Snow White - Al Digit - Eclectic Blokes Design (retired site)







Halloween SAL - Gecko Rouge






Galaxy Girl - Molly Harrison - HAED
(Diamond Painting)





Apologies for this photo. I'm at work writing this post and this is the last pic I had on my phone. And yes I was watching The Walking Dead at the time LOL! 

1 and a partial page completed.


That's it from me stunners! I hope you all had a magical Christmas and that the New Year brings even more magic, sparkles, light, love, dreams fulfilled and wine!

I apologise for my absence from blogland, it's such a crazy time of the year. But I endeavour to be a better blogger and blog follower this year. Yep another goal!! 

Take care stunners! And keep doing the things that make you happy!

oxoxo Alicia



14 comments:

  1. Good luck with your goals for 2018! I too have a goal to be a better blogger - both posting and visiting!! Love your Josephine Wall WIP :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love them all, good luck on your wips in 2018. Happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love them all, good luck on all your stitchy goals in 2018. Happy new year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck with achieving your goals in 2018. You made some good progress in your WIPs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's an amazing amount of progress, but I have no doubt you'll achieve your 2018 goals too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful progress and Good luck with your goals. I'll be cheering you along.

    ReplyDelete
  7. They are all Stunning Alicia! You have made some great progress during the past year! Afterglow is so colorful and beautiful! I look forward to seeing your 2018 progress! Happy New Year Stunner!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have made great progress on all these projects. We all know these take a huge amount of work before a finish can be made!!! Good luck with your goals and looking forward to reading your blog again. Just keep stitching!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great progress Alicia! I love all your projects, they're so colourful, but my absolute favourite is the Prince one. I love that you started with his smile, and the purple swirly fabric just does it for me every time. Do you listen to his music when you stitch it?
    Good luck with your 2018 goals, I will enjoy cheering you on!

    ReplyDelete
  10. 10 page finishes is like 10 real finishes for anyone else LOL
    When did you last actually finish a piece? Hahaha.
    Seriously, you have some gorgeous projects and I am glad to see that you've started some in the middle so we get interesting things to look at straightaway.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow Alicia. Awesome projects. I would be lucky to finish them in ten years. Looking forward to seeing your progress on them this year.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  12. Everything looks so good. Can´t wait to see more of your updates :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I always love your updates, all your projects looks amazing =) I am confident that you will get a lot done (and hope you already did, since I am super late with this comment) in 2018 =)

    ReplyDelete
  14. You made great progress.This is really pretty and good idea on site !

    ดูหนัง

    ReplyDelete

Hello Stunner! Thanks for taking the time to read my blog. I hope it made sense as I can rave on lunatic style when left unchecked. Any comment is appreciated and thank you for taking the time and brightening my day! xoxo