Friday 28 July 2017

Gifted Gorgeousness - July

Hi Stunners!

Yep I'm late again. Apologies.


I've have spent the last week mourning the death of Chester Bennington and I was so depressed that even stitching couldn't get me out of my grief. Linkin Park was my all time favourite band and I was gearing up to go and see them when they came down under for their latest album tour. I love Chester, and his brave lyrics that ring so close to my own experiences. I hope he is resting easy now and that his demons are vanquished. 



It probably didn't help that I was working on my gift wip of Prince, which just magnified my sorrow.



But I am The Crafty Princess and the show must go on! So here is where I got up to with my new start of Prince - The Legend, which I am stitching for my best friend Lori. 



I've been watching "Grimm" whilst stitching this and I always try and match my minders to the chart I'm working on and the shows I watch. The Minion was included simply cos he's Purple and sparkly, just like Prince. 







He is stitching up really quickly, this was a weeks worth of stitching.


Ready for some birthday stash? Witness the monumentous generosity of my beautiful crafty friends.



Sharine spoiled me with Steampunk Poison Ivy and Batgirl full kit by Charting Creations, Sparkly Unicorn Poo and a whole load of handmade bits from her kids. I think that drawing is a Tiara, but Sharine said Hannah's drawings are open to interpretation ha ha. 


Also from Charting Creations "Miss Poppy" a gift from the owner Nikki. 



"Colombes" from Angie P

"Peacock" from Jayne.


"Fireside Fairytales" and "Geisha" from Helvi




And Bat Tea from Cindy


And with the Gift Voucher from Kim H and Nina I bought 2 long dog samplers - Death by Cross stitch (yep I caved) and Castles in the Air.





So as you can see stunners I will be part of this SAL for the rest of my life. I hope Jo, keeps it going for that long. 

Thank you so much to all my amazing friends for these beautiful and truly generous gifts. And to everyone that wished me a happy birthday. You guys are what sparkles are made of. 

Happy stitching stunners.
xoxo Alicia



11 comments:

  1. My standard morning greeting to my husband seems to be "guess who has died now?". It is so tragic how many people we have lost recently.
    Gorgeous Birthday treats. I think Castles in the Air is my absolute favourite.

    I can promise to keep the SAL going for the rest of MY life but as I am a teeny weeny bit older than you, I might have to hand over the torch to you. Or a young stitcher with a calendar LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Belated Happy Birthday Alicia. I guess I missed that post. You have received some gorgeous charts. Nice progress on everything.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely progress on your stitching =) Your new goodies look amazing =)
    I watched the first four seasons of grimm and I have been waiting for ages for the 5th season to be available in Germany and I think it's finally on Netflix here now =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Belated Birthday Alicia🎈🎁 Hope you had a lovely time. May your year ahead be filled with many joyful stitches xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Belated happy birthday! Lovely gifts received from your crafty friends.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow lucky girl with all the charts, they look great. Lots more stitching in your future.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Belated Happy Birthday Alicia. I guess I missed that post. You have received some gorgeous charts. Nice progress on everything.
    ตารางบอล

    ReplyDelete
  8. What beautiful charts you received for your birthday! Miss Poppy really stands out, she is dazzling with those colors! I also love the Peacock, very interesting chart.

    I can tell it is Prince from the bit you stitched! You did quite a lot in a week!!

    Hope your birthday was as stunning as you are ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely progress on your stitching!
    Your new goodies look amazing :)
    I watched the first four seasons of grimm and I have been waiting for ages for the 5th season to be available in Germany and I think it's finally on Netflix here now

    ลาลีกา

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy belated birthday! Your friends really spoiled you. Miss Poppy stands out for me too.
    I love your Prince tribute stitch, it already looks fabulous on that awesome fabric.
    I'm not going to say anything about Death by Cross Stitch but...if anyone can do it you can!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy birthday you got some great gifts!

    ReplyDelete

Hello Stunner! Thanks for taking the time to read my blog. I hope it made sense as I can rave on lunatic style when left unchecked. Any comment is appreciated and thank you for taking the time and brightening my day! xoxo